Monday, May 23, 2011

STREETS IS TALKING

IDLE HANDS_ ENT.™

Jay-Z inks deal with Adult Swim

 
Jay-Z is the latest hip-hop head to add his swag to Cartoon Network.
Salon.com reports that Hov headlined the Adult Swim upfronts this year at New York City's Roseland Ballroom. Jay did an hourlong set for the crowd gathered at the concert hall, eager to see what Adult Swim, which operates as part of Cartoon Network, has on tap for the year ahead.
While Adult Swim is known for pulling amazing acts for its events, this show comes along with some strings attached.
According to TheLoop21.com, Hov will soon announce a development deal with the network. Under the agreement, he'll reportedly produce an animated series for Adult Swim, which caters to older viewers.
It's not clear what the show would be about, but this deal places Hov in good company. In 2006, André 3000 of Outkast launched a kid's show titled "Class of 3000," which ran for two season. In 2010, T-Pain voiced the lead character for the Adult Swim movie Freaknik. 

Nicki Minaj Reacts to ‘Queen of Hip-Hop’ Title ON “Funk Flex Full Throttle”

Nicki Minaj

 Earlier this year, Rolling Stone dubbed Nicki Minaj the “New Queen of Hip-Hop.” 

  

The “Super Bass” rapper speaks to Funkmaster Flex for MTV2’s “Funk Flex Full Throttle” about being bestowed with the crown from the long-running music magazine.

“It was very, very amazing to me,” shared a humbled Nicki, who didn’t know in advance. “I was so excited ’cause they’re really respected, and then when I went on all the TV shows, they kept on saying, ‘She’s been dubbed the New Queen of Hip-Hop by Rolling Stone magazine,’ so I was like, that happened at the perfect time.”
While flattered by the honor, she doesn’t feel entitled. “I’m honored because I obviously have been working hard to get to this place,” she continued. “Whether or not I’m the queen of anything, everybody’s gonna have their own opinion and I don’t do this thinking I’m the queen of this, I’m the queen of that. I just feel like I’m working hard and I just want people to recognize that.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment