Friday, May 6, 2011

STREETS IS TALKING

 Kanye West Accused Of Failing To Credit SongwriterT.

West Accused Of Failing To Credit Songwriter Consequence
Kanye West's former collaborator Consequence has accused the hip-hop superstar of failing to credit him for lyrics he helped to write.

The Stronger star recruited Consequence for his first four albums, but the pals fell out in 2009 when West refused to appear on his friend's sophomore album.


Consequence tells Mtv, "Every album that he (West) had, I've been involved from a creative aspect in writing of songs. Check the credits, I get that publishing."


He subsequently split from West's G.O.O.D. Music label and has now spoken out to lay claim to one of the star's most famous lines from the song Champion, a track on 2007's Graduation.


The disgruntled rapper, whose cousin is A Tribe Called Quest icon Q-Tip, insists he came up with the catchy rhyme: "We were sorta like Will Smith and his son/In the movie; I ain't talkin' about the rich one."


Consequence says, "One record that I never got credit for which always stuck out in my mind was that I helped out with some of the rhymes from Champion. That was my brain thought. I mean, there's a lot of joints (that were not credited)."


But the rising star has learned his lesson and is now taking control of his own destiny: "As a man, you can't hang your fate on no other man, but when you think the man is your brother... you would think it would dawn on somebody to say, 'Hey, let me make sure this all right, let me make sure my guy is good.' If I'm not your guy, that's fine; let's just have clarity on it."

Contactmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment