Friday, August 12, 2011

Art Work By Benon Lutaaya, Johannesburg, South Africa

Benon Lutaaya,  
Benon Lutaaya
About Benon
Majority of my paintings convey an emotional story that illustrates the fragility of life from his own personal life experiences. My own feelings are the sources to paint.
Through my work, I am able to express emotions which are not only a part of myself but also of many other people especially those living on the fringes of the main stream society.
In my mostly paper collage and mixed media paintings, my mixe paint with vision, collage with story, and text with meditation. And out of the mixture comes a release of energy imbued with life, and raw simplicity. To me, the meaningless in my work is just as meaningful as the meaningful.
The visible paper cuttings in my work suggest the scars attained by my subjects in the act of survival, while,the often unclear and displaced text stress their identity questions in a wider society.
With my technique, I revel in using collage textures that interact with a strong painterly play of light and shadows to create 3D illusions on a flat surface. This gives me work a deeper edge; a richer sense of color and contrast. I am constantly experimenting. I enjoy coming up with something new and unique. I love to surprise myself.
Benon Lutaaya
IDLE HANDS_ ENT.™

No comments:

Post a Comment